This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.7909 / 53°47'27"N
Longitude: -2.2402 / 2°14'24"W
OS Eastings: 384272
OS Northings: 432757
OS Grid: SD842327
Mapcode National: GBR DSSL.ST
Mapcode Global: WHB7X.KZG6
Entry Name: Fishwicks Cottages
Listing Date: 19 November 1997
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1022612
English Heritage Legacy ID: 466982
Location: Burnley, Lancashire, BB11
District Council Ward: Daneshouse with Stoneyholme
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Burnley St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
SD8432NW BANK PARADE
906-1/16/7 (East side)
Nos.37 AND 39
Row of 4 cottages, now business premises with store to left.
1790-1800, in 3 builds (Nos 37 and 39 added); altered. Coursed
squared sandstone, with stone slate roof to the right-hand
half and corrugated asbestos sheet to the left. Rectangular
plan, Nos 37 and 39 single-fronted and the store to the left
probably formerly similar.
3 storeys, 2+1+1 windows, with vertical joints between Nos 37
and 39, and between No.39 and the portion to the left. No.37
has the doorway abutting the junction to the left, with a
plain surround and 4-pane overlight, a C19 shop-window at
ground floor, and one 9-pane sashed window on each floor
above; No.39 has the doorway in the centre, flanked by 9-pane
windows, all these with plain surrounds, and one similar
window in the centre of each upper floor. These
2 have cut-down chimneys. The store to the left (which has
filled ground to the front) has remains of former openings at
basement level, two 3-light flush-mullion windows at 1st
floor, a former taking-in doorway to the left, and 2 large
inserted 9-pane windows to the upper floor (which has been
INTERIOR not inspected.
HISTORY: the altered portion to the left was formerly a
handloom weaving workshop.
Listing NGR: SD8427232757
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings