History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Manor Farm

A Grade II Listed Building in Clyffe Pypard, Wiltshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.5045 / 51°30'16"N

Longitude: -1.8916 / 1°53'29"W

OS Eastings: 407618

OS Northings: 178398

OS Grid: SU076783

Mapcode National: GBR 3TK.NKS

Mapcode Global: VHB3R.5GB0

Entry Name: Manor Farm

Listing Date: 17 January 1955

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1022654

English Heritage Legacy ID: 316710

Location: Clyffe Pypard, Wiltshire, SN4

County: Wiltshire

Civil Parish: Clyffe Pypard

Traditional County: Wiltshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire

Church of England Parish: Clyffe Pypard St Peter

Church of England Diocese: Salisbury

Find accommodation in
Tockenham

Listing Text

SU 07 NE CLYFFE PYPARD THORNHILL

9/22 Manor Farm
17.1.55
II

Farmhouse, C17, clunch faced in brick, stone tiled roof. 5 bays,
2-storey with added stone gabled porch. To right rear wing of 3
bays, brick with tiled roof. Timber casement windows with
segmental heads. At left end large cross wing added 1723-4 by Mr.
Townsend, 5 bays 2-storey and attic. Flemish bond brick with plat
band and central entrance to garden raised on 4 stone steps.
Timber panelled doorcase with rectangular fanlight and flat moulded
wood canopy supported by plain console brackets. Cross windows
with leaded glazing, iron opening casements with elaborate wrought
iron catchplates and stays. Cavetto eaves moulding. In hipped
roof two hipped casement dormers to attic. Two major rear stacks
to this wing and small gable stacks. The wing contains reception
rooms with fielded panelling, moulded chair rail and cornice. Date
stone on gable of this wing was removed from demolished stable
Reads: 'Vingt Cours/Herfordie 1596', Monogram. VCH translates
COMES DE HERTFORD and states stone was once on house. (Accounts
in BNG Oxford, Thornhill 11 and 18.


Listing NGR: SU0761878398

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.