This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6119 / 51°36'42"N
Longitude: -1.6985 / 1°41'54"W
OS Eastings: 420970
OS Northings: 190386
OS Grid: SU209903
Mapcode National: GBR 4TS.WZB
Mapcode Global: VHC0Q.HRX5
Entry Name: Church of St James
Listing Date: 26 January 1955
Last Amended: 20 September 1979
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1023370
English Heritage Legacy ID: 318442
Location: Highworth, Swindon, SN6
Civil Parish: Highworth
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Highworth with Sevenhampton and Inglesham
Church of England Diocese: Bristol
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 03/05/2016
SU 29 SW
Church of St James
(Formerly listed as Church of St Andrew, previously listed as Church of St James)
1864 by W. Pedley. Early English. Rubble on moulded plinth. Stone slate roof. Three stage tower, ashlar, upper stage arcaded. Angle buttresses. Four bay nave with gabled porch to south facing avenue of lines leading to gates of Warnford Place. Two bay chancel. Interior: ashlar with truss rafter roofs. En delit purbeck shafts to windows (a triplet at east end). Fleur de lys tiles. Chancel arch on angel corbels. Font. A small earlier portable marble font too, turned baluster shape with Warnford/Banbury arms and a turned wood cover. Ian Fleming, the author, buried in churchyard.
Listing NGR: SU2097090386
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings