This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6307 / 51°37'50"N
Longitude: -1.7122 / 1°42'43"W
OS Eastings: 420016
OS Northings: 192469
OS Grid: SU200924
Mapcode National: GBR 4TK.RY8
Mapcode Global: VHC0Q.88PR
Entry Name: The White House
Listing Date: 26 January 1955
Last Amended: 20 September 1979
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1023387
English Heritage Legacy ID: 318484
Location: Highworth, Swindon, SN6
Civil Parish: Highworth
Built-Up Area: Highworth
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Highworth with Sevenhampton and Inglesham
Church of England Diocese: Bristol
5410 HIGHWORTH WESTROP
The White House
(formerly listed under
SU 2092 SW 18/355 26.1.55
SU 1992 SE 18/355
Mid C18 with late C17 premises to rear. Two and a half storeys red brick
with blue headers. Plaster coved cornice. Stone slate roof. Two gabled
dormers. Two gable end brick chimneys with moulded capping to left with central
breaks to moulding. Four windows, glazing bar sashes in flush moulded frames
first floor, one on ground floor. Door off-centre left - mid C19 6 panels
- under swept iron hood on slender iron support. Segmental headed coachway
to left with reeded pilasters (to Jesmond House Yard). Long extension to
rear tailing off with pony stable with loft over and rounded corner.
Interior: staircase resited, turned balusters. A certain amount of panelling.
Ground floor rear room has niche cupboard, lattice cupboard and C18 door with
rising hinges. On first floor landing is a lead lined slop basin.
Listing NGR: SU2001692469
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings