This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.0725 / 51°4'20"N
Longitude: -1.7963 / 1°47'46"W
OS Eastings: 414368
OS Northings: 130366
OS Grid: SU143303
Mapcode National: GBR 517.NPG
Mapcode Global: FRA 7649.0A4
Entry Name: Husseys Almshouses screen Wall and Plaque to South of No 3
Listing Date: 12 October 1972
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1023565
English Heritage Legacy ID: 318917
Location: Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP1
Civil Parish: Salisbury
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Salisbury St Thomas and St Edmund
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
1954 (West Side)
Screen wall & Plaque to
south of No 3
SU 1450 SW 1/411
Founded 1794, rebuilt 1875. Part of a group of almshouses. 2 storeys red
brick with stone dressings and quoins. Steep gable end slate roof. Stone
dressings to casement windows, pointed arched doorway. The roof has tall
grouped Jacobean type stacks. Shaped gable to street and external chimney.
In wall adjoining No 3 to left facing street reset Cl7 Royal Arms relief
in stone panel very weathered lion and unicorn. Inscription of 1907 stating
the spot to be site of the Castle Gate and file Royal Arms to have derived
from the Castle.
Nos 1 to 14 (consec), Hussey's Almshouses form a group.
Listing NGR: SU1436830366
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings