This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.0779 / 51°4'40"N
Longitude: -1.8655 / 1°51'55"W
OS Eastings: 409520
OS Northings: 130960
OS Grid: SU095309
Mapcode National: GBR 3ZT.96C
Mapcode Global: FRA 66Z8.P28
Entry Name: The Chantry
Listing Date: 4 August 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1023747
English Heritage Legacy ID: 319314
Location: Wilton, Wiltshire, SP2
Civil Parish: Wilton
Built-Up Area: Wilton
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Wilton St Mary and St Nicholas
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
5409 SOUTH STREET
SU 03 SE 1/43 4.8.51.
Mid-late C17, altered, 2 storeys and attic. Brick with a diaper of blue
headers. Stone plinth cap, 1st floor string and quoins, brick dentil eaves,
old tile roof. A 5-bay front, 2-light leaded stone mullioned windows and
6-panelled door between the 2 left hand bays, flanked by 2 small windows.
Door in stone doorcase of architrave, frieze, cornice and pediment. 1 bay
extension to left, 3-light mullion windows and a 2-storey ashlar bay to
return (probably mid C19). Oriel window to north gable, north-west corner
has 1920s type Tudor-style wing with jettied 1st floor on west part.
Interior has oak staircase; front north room has wide fireplace with carved
frieze; front south room (with added bay window) has Adam-style fireplace
with stucco decoration.
Listing NGR: SU0952030960
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings