This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.0804 / 51°4'49"N
Longitude: -1.8648 / 1°51'53"W
OS Eastings: 409569
OS Northings: 131234
OS Grid: SU095312
Mapcode National: GBR 3ZT.9BZ
Mapcode Global: FRA 66Z8.H9Y
Entry Name: The Coach House
Listing Date: 8 June 1978
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1023754
English Heritage Legacy ID: 319322
Location: Wilton, Wiltshire, SP2
Civil Parish: Wilton
Built-Up Area: Wilton (Wiltshire)
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Wilton St Mary and St Nicholas
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
5409 WEST STREET
No 25A (The Coach
SU 0931 5/86
Dated 1843. Coach house to the Old Rectory. 1½ storeys, Gothic flavour.
Brick built with tiled roof. Stone built to road. Coped gable to road:-
moulded footstones, 1 range of 2-light stone mullion windows, with label
on ground floor, quatrefoil panel to right, former drinking fountain with
obscured inscription (formerly read "Drink and be Thankful"). Front to
south-west: central 4 centred arch to entrance (now bricked in) flanked
by buttresses, shield stone over with date. Linked to St Andrew's House
(qv) by ball-capped gatepiers. Modern matching addition to north-east;
yard gateway adjacent; yard front altered, former pointed entrance blocked
and wide replica Ionic doorcase set in.
Listing NGR: SU0956931234
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings