This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.0481 / 51°2'53"N
Longitude: -1.7408 / 1°44'27"W
OS Eastings: 418262
OS Northings: 127669
OS Grid: SU182276
Mapcode National: GBR 51P.BNZ
Mapcode Global: FRA 767B.X7B
Entry Name: Ivychurch Farmhouse
Listing Date: 28 March 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1023777
English Heritage Legacy ID: 319380
Location: Alderbury, Wiltshire, SP5
Civil Parish: Alderbury
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Alderbury St Mary the Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
SU 12 NE ALDERBURY -
5/1 Ivychurch Farmhouse
Farmhouse, C19. Flint and limestone chequers, tiled roof, stone
stack. 2-storey, 2-window. Entrance door to first floor is up
steps on gable end. Reused Tudor arched door with reused blind
stone arch to right. First floor has C20 cast-iron casements and a
large Perpendicular panel with quatrefoils. Several fragments of
carved stone reused in this gable end wall and rest of building are
from the site of the Augustinian Priory on which the house now
stands. Right return has C20 casements and C19 casement with large
projecting stone and flint stack. Left return has similar windows.
Single storey C20 extension to rear.
Interior not accessible, but R.C.H.M. recorded three pairs of
crucks to first floor and roof, boxed-in and probably reused.
Reused roof timbers; tie beam with queen struts to collar. Ground
floor was raised in 1950's to lower the height. Group value with
priory ruins and garden walls (q.v.).
Listing NGR: SU1826227669
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings