This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.9922 / 50°59'31"N
Longitude: -1.7449 / 1°44'41"W
OS Eastings: 417999
OS Northings: 121455
OS Grid: SU179214
Mapcode National: GBR 528.PNJ
Mapcode Global: FRA 767H.81T
Entry Name: East Mill
Listing Date: 16 September 1974
Last Amended: 4 July 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1023871
English Heritage Legacy ID: 319599
Location: Downton, Wiltshire, SP5
Civil Parish: Downton
Built-Up Area: Downton
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Downton St Lawrence
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
DOWNTON THE BOROUGH
SU 1821 (south side)
5/40 & 6/40 East Mill
(formerly listed as Former Downton
Power Station (excluding machinery)
Corn mill, later power station and now semi-detached house. C18,
converted to power station by Southern Tannery Company, in 1929,
closed 1973. English and Flemish bond brick, tiled roof with brick
stack. 2-storey, 6-window. Ground floor has C20 garage doors.
First floor has C20 door to right, up steps, and two C20 windows.
Stepped eaves cornice. Rear has C20 stable door, 2-light and 4-
light casements with hipped dormer with 2-light casement to roof.
Interior not inspected.
Listing NGR: SU1799721457
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings