History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Addestone Manor

A Grade II Listed Building in Shrewton, Wiltshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.1887 / 51°11'19"N

Longitude: -1.9051 / 1°54'18"W

OS Eastings: 406729

OS Northings: 143278

OS Grid: SU067432

Mapcode National: GBR 3YD.K4H

Mapcode Global: VHB58.XDQ3

Entry Name: Addestone Manor

Listing Date: 23 January 1953

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1023994

English Heritage Legacy ID: 319838

Location: Shrewton, Wiltshire, SP3

County: Wiltshire

Civil Parish: Shrewton

Built-Up Area: Shrewton

Traditional County: Wiltshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire

Church of England Parish: Salisbury Plain

Church of England Diocese: Salisbury

Find accommodation in
Shrewton

Listing Text

SHREWTON THE COMMON
SU 04 SE
(east side)
3/230 Addestone Manor
23/1/53
II
Detached house. C17 west range, early C18 north range and
remodelling of front, service wing added to rear c1800. Limestone
with flint, concrete tiled roof, brick stacks. L-plan with
additions. 2-storey, 3-window front. Central 6-panelled door in
moulded case, to either side is Venetian window with sashes. First
floor has three 12-pane sashes, all flush in moulded wooden cases,
some visible evidence of former fenestration. Coped verge to left.
Right return has C20 French windows and two 12-pane sashes to first
floor, to right is C17 wing rebuilt in English bond brick; French
windows and 3-light C20 casement to ground floor and two 12-pane
sashes to first floor. Left return has three 12-pane flush sashes
to ground and first floors. Service wing to left in English bond
brick has C20 casements. Rear has single storey limestone
extension to left, to right is 2-storey service wing of c1800, with
half-glazed door and 20-pane sash to first floor.
Interior has early C19 stairs with stick balusters and moulded
handrail, internal shutters to main rooms, room to right of front
door has bolection-moulded fireplace with herringbone brick back.
C17 features include chamfered beams with ogee stops and open
fireplace with chamfered lintel in room to rear right.


Listing NGR: SU0672943278

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.