History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Stables at Newhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Redlynch, Wiltshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 50.9919 / 50°59'31"N

Longitude: -1.6909 / 1°41'27"W

OS Eastings: 421791

OS Northings: 121439

OS Grid: SU217214

Mapcode National: GBR 52B.RBR

Mapcode Global: FRA 76BH.C30

Entry Name: Stables at Newhouse

Listing Date: 23 March 1960

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1024006

English Heritage Legacy ID: 319773

Location: Redlynch, Wiltshire, SP5

County: Wiltshire

Civil Parish: Redlynch

Traditional County: Wiltshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire

Church of England Parish: Whiteparish All Saints

Church of England Diocese: Salisbury

Find accommodation in
Redlynch

Listing Text

WHITEPARISH MOOR LANE
SU 22 SW
(south side)
7/301 Stables at Newhouse
23/3/60

GV II

Two stable blocks. 1750 and late C19. English bond brick, tiled
roof. Western C18 2-storey, 3-window front facing courtyard has
elliptical-arched carriage doors, planked doors and 2-light cast-
iron casements to first floor. Rear has planked doors, leaded
cross windows and some blocked openings. South gable, right return
has ornamental 2-storey, 3-window facade; centre breaks forward,
blind windows to ground floor, late C19 clockface to centre of
first floor with 2-light cyma-mullioned window either side, moulded
cornice and pediment with blocking course over. Wooden octagonal
cupola over has round-arched openings and ogee lead roof. Left
return has leaded casements and wavy bargeboards. Range to north
and at right angles faces courtyard and is dated 1885 over central
door, 4 segmental blocked windows either side and three gabled
dormers, half-hipped tiled roof with wavy bargeboards, no openings
to rear. 1885 block and alterations by William Eyre Matcham.


Listing NGR: SU2179121439

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.