This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1266 / 52°7'35"N
Longitude: -1.3979 / 1°23'52"W
OS Eastings: 441315
OS Northings: 247753
OS Grid: SP413477
Mapcode National: GBR 7RZ.MDF
Mapcode Global: VHBYC.QTB4
Entry Name: Cambray House
Listing Date: 8 April 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1024131
English Heritage Legacy ID: 306341
Location: Warmington, Stratford-on-Avon, Warwickshire, OX17
Civil Parish: Warmington
Built-Up Area: Warmington (Stratford-on-Avon)
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Warmington St Michael
Church of England Diocese: Coventry
WARMINGTON THE GREEN
SP4047 (east side)
9/239 Cambray House
House. C18 wings with central block and alterations of c.183. Regular coursed
ironstone, with ground floor of large ashlar blocks, and splayed cornice. Slate
hipped roof; ashlar end stack on right. T-plan, with wing to rear. 3 storeys;
2-window range. Regular, balanced front, but not entirely symmetrical. Entrance
to left of centre has moulded 4-panelled door. Porch of pilasters and columns
with moulded capitals of no particular order, with entablature to sides only,
and crenellated top. 3-light casements with glazing bars throughout; 2-light on
second floor. All openings have irregular ashlar block surrounds and stone
lintels with flush keystones. High one storey one-window wings. Left wing has
gable parapet and ashlar end stack. Blocked upper opening with wood lintel.
Right wing has hipped roof. Blocked doorway to right of window. Interior not
inspected. Wings were possibly originally farmbuildings.
Listing NGR: SP4131547753
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings