This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1295 / 52°7'46"N
Longitude: -1.461 / 1°27'39"W
OS Eastings: 436993
OS Northings: 248043
OS Grid: SP369480
Mapcode National: GBR 6QK.HFL
Mapcode Global: VHBYB.MQHX
Entry Name: Dovecote and Attached Wall and Gatepier at Radway Grange
Listing Date: 7 January 1952
Last Amended: 8 April 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1024207
English Heritage Legacy ID: 306211
Location: Radway, Stratford-on-Avon, Warwickshire, CV35
Civil Parish: Radway
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Radway St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Coventry
RADWAY TYSOE ROAD
Dovecote and attached wall
and gatepier at Radway Grange
(Formerly listed as Radway
Grange including "ruins",
obelisk, cottages and other
Dovecote and attached wall and gatepier. Dovecote C17. Regular coursed ironstone
with irregular quoins. Moulded cornice. Stone slate roof; coped gable parapets
with kneelers. Square plan. Front to forecourt has small 2-light casement with
glazing bars. Glazed wood lantern, probably C18, has 2 arched lights with
glazing bars to each side, and weathervane. Entrance to rear has plank door.
Interior: retains nesting holes. Rafter and purlin roof. Wall to right probably
part C17, but mostly C18. Ironstone: left and return sections regular coursed
with coping, right section of large ashlar blocks, with corner stepped up;
shallow coping. Return section has gatepier made up from part of C16/C17 moulded
architrave, used upside down. Sunk shaped panels with jewel work. Top of moulded
stone, possibly a section of plinth.
Listing NGR: SP3699348043
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings