This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1683 / 52°10'5"N
Longitude: -1.3906 / 1°23'26"W
OS Eastings: 441778
OS Northings: 252395
OS Grid: SP417523
Mapcode National: GBR 7RL.37V
Mapcode Global: VHBY5.VR7P
Entry Name: Merrie Lion Public House
Listing Date: 8 April 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1024236
English Heritage Legacy ID: 306182
Location: Fenny Compton, Stratford-on-Avon, Warwickshire, CV47
Civil Parish: Fenny Compton
Built-Up Area: Fenny Compton
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Avon Dassett with Fenny Compton
Church of England Diocese: Coventry
FENNY COMPTON HIGH STREET
SP4052 (West side)
6/71 Merrie Lion Public House
Shown on O.S. map as Red Lion Public House.
Public house. Dated 1710, with mid C19 and late C19/C20 additions. Regular
coursed ironstone with string course; colourwashed brick front wing. C20 tile
roofs; brick ridge and end stacks. Formerly 3-unit plan, extended to complex
L-plan. 2 storeys; 2-window range. Late C20 door with concrete lintel in
re-entrant angle. C20 canted bay window has leaded lights and slate roof. C19
three-light casements on first floor. Datestone with cornice has initials TBM.
Sundial across right corner has painted panel with moulded cornice and painted
numerals. Wing at right angles on left has no windows to front. End stack. Right
return side: 2-window range. Casements with some glazing bars, on ground floor
under cambered brick arches. Right return side of main range, to High Street,
have one-window wing. C20 door. C19 casements. All openings with wood lintels.
Listing NGR: SP4177852395
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings