History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Northdown House

A Grade II Listed Building in Long Compton, Warwickshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.9937 / 51°59'37"N

Longitude: -1.5794 / 1°34'45"W

OS Eastings: 428976

OS Northings: 232889

OS Grid: SP289328

Mapcode National: GBR 5QM.X3P

Mapcode Global: VHBZ1.K4XY

Entry Name: Northdown House

Listing Date: 13 October 1966

Last Amended: 9 April 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1024262

English Heritage Legacy ID: 306039

Location: Long Compton, Stratford-on-Avon, Warwickshire, CV36

County: Warwickshire

District: Stratford-on-Avon

Civil Parish: Long Compton

Traditional County: Warwickshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire

Church of England Parish: Long Compton St Peter and St Paul

Church of England Diocese: Coventry

Find accommodation in
Long Compton

Listing Text

LONG COMPTON MALT HOUSE LANE
SP2832 (South side)
11/105 Northdown House
13/10/66 (Formerly listed as Northdown
Farm)

GV II

Malt House Lane shown on Ordnance Survey map as Clarendon Street.
Farmhouse. Dated 1688, altered 1868. Limestone ashlar with quoins and coped
gables with finials. C20-tile roof with moulded stone ridge stack. 3-unit plan.
2 storeys plus attic; 4-window range of 2- and 3-light mullioned windows with
hood moulds and labels. One mullioned window is replaced by a 3-light casement.
One small chamfered light to far right. C20 plank door to centre-left with C20
porch. Further 2- and 3-light mullioned windows with hood moulds and labels to
left gable end. One 2-light mullioned window, casements and stair-turret
projection to rear. Moulded datestone with hood inscribed in bas-relief:
'H/RS/1688' in apex of left gable end. Tablet below dates restoration of house:
1868. Interior: one ovolo-moulded spine beam. Further chamfered spine beams with
ogee stops. Large open fireplace.


Listing NGR: SP2897632889

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.