History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Numbers 23, 25 and 26 and Attached Village Hall

A Grade II Listed Building in Wormleighton, Warwickshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.1787 / 52°10'43"N

Longitude: -1.3459 / 1°20'45"W

OS Eastings: 444819

OS Northings: 253582

OS Grid: SP448535

Mapcode National: GBR 7RG.8KH

Mapcode Global: VHCVN.MH9P

Entry Name: Numbers 23, 25 and 26 and Attached Village Hall

Listing Date: 21 April 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1024402

English Heritage Legacy ID: 305753

Location: Wormleighton, Stratford-on-Avon, Warwickshire, CV47

County: Warwickshire

District: Stratford-on-Avon

Civil Parish: Wormleighton

Traditional County: Warwickshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire

Church of England Parish: Wormleighton St Peter

Church of England Diocese: Coventry

Find accommodation in
Wormleighton

Listing Text

WORMLEIGHTON
SP4453
15/177 Nos,23, 25 and 26 and
attached village hall

GV II

Row of 3 cottages arid attached school, now village hall. 1839; school extended
late C19. Ironstone ashlar. Slate roofs have coped gable parapets throughout;
stone end and ridge stacks. T-plan, with wing to rear. Tudor style. 2 storeys;
6-window range. Symmetrical. Central 2-window range has central porch with coped
gable parapet. Shallow Tudor arch doorway, with quatrefoil opening in gable.
Plank door inside. Gabled dormer with blind Tudor-arched window. Projecting
gabled bays to left and right have Tudor arch openings and window lights, and
hood moulds. No.22 on left has C19 half-glazed 4-panelled door and glazed
panels. Gables have blind round arched windows. Leaded casements, on ground
floor with transoms, of 3 lights to left and right, and of 2 lights to centre
and first floor. Chamfered openings with stone flat arches. No.22 has a
single-storey castellated one-window range on left. 2-light casement with
horizontal glazing bars. School attached on right. Porch in left corner has
gable parapet with moulded kneelers. Moulded Tudor arch doorway has moulded
spandrels and hood mould. C20 door. Datestone with inscription. Two 2-light
windows with hood moulds. Addition on right has 3-light canted bay. Wood
mullioned and transomed windows with glazing bars. Interiors not inspected. The
inscription records that the school was founded by Mrs. Catherine Arnold.


Listing NGR: SP4481953582

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.