History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Lower Skilts Farm Building and Attached Barn Approximately 50 Metres West of Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Mappleborough Green, Warwickshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.3015 / 52°18'5"N

Longitude: -1.8576 / 1°51'27"W

OS Eastings: 409806

OS Northings: 267052

OS Grid: SP098670

Mapcode National: GBR 3HX.R4Y

Mapcode Global: VH9ZW.RFB0

Entry Name: Lower Skilts Farm Building and Attached Barn Approximately 50 Metres West of Farmhouse

Listing Date: 25 August 1954

Last Amended: 23 October 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1024479

English Heritage Legacy ID: 305529

Location: Mappleborough Green, Stratford-on-Avon, Warwickshire, B80

County: Warwickshire

District: Stratford-on-Avon

Civil Parish: Mappleborough Green

Traditional County: Warwickshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire

Church of England Parish: Studley with Mappleborough Green

Church of England Diocese: Coventry

Find accommodation in
Tanworth

Listing Text

STUDLEY
SP06NE
1/181 Lower Skilts Farm; Building
15/08/54 and attached barn approx. 50m.
W of farmhouse
(Formerly listed as gatehouse
and barn at Lower Skilts Farm.
Building formerly listed as
Lower Skilts Farmhouse)

GV II

Building of uncertain original function, and attached barn. Building c.1560-70
(VCH), with C19 alterations; barn mostly mid C19. Dark red English bond brick
with blue brick diapering. Barn largely of C19 red brick. C19 tile roofs. C19
first floor opening. Door inserted in left return side. Right return side has
Partially blocked 2-light stone mullioned window to each floor. Barn attached at
right angles to rear. 3 bays. Plank doors. Air vents. To rear: Part of wall of
C16 brickwork. Interior: Brick spur walls supporting tie beams. Forms part of a
group with the gatehouse and attached building and wall (q.v.) and a section of
wall (q.v.). Together they comprise the remains of a house which replaced the
Grange of Studley Priory.
(V.C.H.: Warwickshire, Vol.III, p.177).


Listing NGR: SP0980667052

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.