History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Shepherds Yard

A Grade II Listed Building in Kinwarton, Warwickshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.2232 / 52°13'23"N

Longitude: -1.8472 / 1°50'50"W

OS Eastings: 410532

OS Northings: 258341

OS Grid: SP105583

Mapcode National: GBR 3JX.MS5

Mapcode Global: VHB08.XDT1

Entry Name: Shepherds Yard

Listing Date: 1 February 1967

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1024571

English Heritage Legacy ID: 305342

Location: Kinwarton, Stratford-on-Avon, Warwickshire, B49

County: Warwickshire

District: Stratford-on-Avon

Civil Parish: Kinwarton

Traditional County: Warwickshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire

Church of England Parish: Kinwarton with Great Alne

Church of England Diocese: Coventry

Find accommodation in
Alcester

Listing Text

SP15NW KINWARTON

3/178 Shepherd's Yard
01/02/67

GV II

Former rectory, now private house. C.1788 (VCH). Red brick with painted stone or
plaster modillion cornice and dressings. 2-span slate roof and brick end stacks
forming part of shaped gables. Central staircase plan. 3-storeys; 3-window range.
Half-glazed door and fanlight with decorative glazing and panelled intrados. Wood
doorcase with Tuscan half columns against rusticated pilasters, dosserets with
triglyphs, and broken pediment. Sash windows under flat arches with rusticated
voussoirs and key blocks. Garden front: 5-window range, with mid C19 canted bay
to right on ground floor. Interior: Open well staircase, semi-circular to rear
with cut string; late C18 cornice. Through passage. Late C18 and early C19 fire-
places, late C18 6-panelled doors, shutters etc. In 1788 the rector borrowed 600
to rebuild the house. Contemporary service or stable wing attached to right, now
converted to dwelling.
(V.C.H.: Warwickshire III, p.126).


Listing NGR: SP1053458340

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.