This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.2069 / 52°12'24"N
Longitude: -1.8815 / 1°52'53"W
OS Eastings: 408194
OS Northings: 256529
OS Grid: SP081565
Mapcode National: GBR 3K1.R3F
Mapcode Global: VHB08.BSPJ
Entry Name: The Old Rectory
Listing Date: 11 December 1969
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1024691
English Heritage Legacy ID: 305019
Location: Arrow with Weethley, Stratford-on-Avon, Warwickshire, B49
Civil Parishes: Arrow with Weethley
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Arrow with Weethley
Church of England Diocese: Coventry
The Old Rectory
Rectory, now private house. C16, early C19, partly rebuilt and restored 1866.
Timber framing, rendering, but mainly red brick. Tile roof, brick chimneys.
Complex plan. Main front to the garden: one high storey and attic with 2-
storey cross wing to left; entrance in the angle. Irregular fenestration:
stone canted bay with small dormer above and large arch top sash with margin
bars on right, French door with 16-panel sash above in cross wing. Elsewhere
iron casements with arch-top lights. Half-glazed 4-panel door in plain surround
and porch of 2 cast-iron columns with lead roof. Gabled roofs. Big internal
stack with 2 star-shaped shafts. Left return side has exposed close studding on
ground floor. Main entrance on right return has early C19 Gothic ironwork
porch. Interior: straight flight staircase with cut string. Ground floor
room has 2 Roman Doric columns and pilasters. Bedroom above has early C19
shallow vaulted ceiling of 4 astragal moulded ribs and vine cornice. Large
wing of 1866 demolished mid-C20,
(Victoria County History of Warwickshire Vol.III p.26, Kelly's Directory of
Birmingham, Staffordshire and Warwickshire 1884 p.703).
Listing NGR: SP0819456529
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings