This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.9699 / 54°58'11"N
Longitude: -1.6095 / 1°36'34"W
OS Eastings: 425099
OS Northings: 563994
OS Grid: NZ250639
Mapcode National: GBR SPV.TL
Mapcode Global: WHC3R.7BVT
Entry Name: 12 and 14, Dean Street
Listing Date: 30 March 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1024887
English Heritage Legacy ID: 304526
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1
County: Newcastle upon Tyne
Metropolitan District Ward: Westgate
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Tyne and Wear
Church of England Parish: Newcastle Christ Church
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
NZ 2564 SW and NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE DEAN STREET
NZ 2563 NW (east side)
21/215 and 24/215 Nos. 12 and 14
Offices and warehouse, now restaurant. 1901 by Oliver, Leeson and Wood for John
Taylor and Co., leather and rubber manufacturers. Painted rusticated ashlar
ground floor with later shop front; steel frame above with wood pilasters and
mosaic panels; brick first bay tower and canted right corner. Jacobean style
treatment on steel frame. 4 storeys and attics, 8 bays. First bay tower contains
round-headed office entrance with voussoirs under oval window; narrow sashes in
architraves on upper floors; eaves cornice and oculus in tower above with parapet.
Central restaurant recessed in slender pilasters; slender quasi-Ionic pilasters
above frame 7 lights, sashes with glazing bars, on each floor, with strap-work
patterns in blue and yellow mosaic panels between floors. Eaves cornice. Hipped
roof has segmental-headed 3-light dormer.
Listing NGR: NZ2509963993
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings