This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.9742 / 54°58'27"N
Longitude: -1.7059 / 1°42'21"W
OS Eastings: 418920
OS Northings: 564434
OS Grid: NZ189644
Mapcode National: GBR JBJX.GP
Mapcode Global: WHC3P.R7VK
Entry Name: Presbytery Attached to Church of St George
Listing Date: 30 March 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1024943
English Heritage Legacy ID: 304364
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, NE15
County: Newcastle upon Tyne
Metropolitan District Ward: Lemington
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Tyne and Wear
Church of England Parish: Sugley Holy Saviour
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
NZ 16 SE NEWBURN SCOTSWOOD ROAD (north side)
10/44 Presbytery attached to
Church of St. George.
R.C. presbytery. Circa 1869 by A.M. Dunn. Flemish bond white brick with polychrome
brick and ashlar dressings; Welsh slate roof. 2 storeys, 4 bays. Wood porch in
second bay has ornamental panels and door in right return; dentilled cornice with
pediment over central projection. Sash windows with late C19 glazing bars, 3 in
canted first bay, have shouldered stone lintels. Lombard frieze, raised over canted
bay with upper hip. Hipped roof with irregularly-bonded polychrome brick chimneys.
Listing NGR: NZ1892064434
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings