This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9942 / 51°59'38"N
Longitude: -2.1568 / 2°9'24"W
OS Eastings: 389330
OS Northings: 232868
OS Grid: SO893328
Mapcode National: GBR 1JK.TTG
Mapcode Global: VH93T.K4NM
Entry Name: 122, High Street
Listing Date: 4 March 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1025004
English Heritage Legacy ID: 376832
Location: Tewkesbury, Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, GL20
Civil Parish: Tewkesbury
Built-Up Area: Tewkesbury
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Tewkesbury St Mary the Virgin (Tewkesbury Abbey)
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SO8932 HIGH STREET
859-1/6/250 (East side)
House in row, with shop. c1840 front on C16 main fabric.
Stuccoed, tile roof, brick stacks. This appears to be a simple
refacing of the framed building, of which the roof-ridge
parallel-plan front range is visible behind the parapet; the
fireplace was at the rear, left. There is a lower brick gabled
wing to the rear, with a stack.
2 storeys, 2-windowed. Small square 2-light small-pane
casements in moulded architraves and plain cill band. The
channelled ground floor has a wide C19 pilaster shop front
with recessed central door, and to the right is a 6-panel door
under a shallow transom-light, in a moulded architrave. A
fascia runs the full width above the ground floor. Above the
wide-spaced windows is a plain band, then an entablature, plus
blocking-course and coped parapet. The door is to a throughway
on the right. There is a lofty brick stack to the rear eaves,
left. The slight set forward from 121 (qv) has a chamfered and
The detailing is similar to that in 120 (qv) and 121, and the
frontages appear to have been rebuilt to these at one time.
The small windows, however, show that this was no more than a
INTERIOR only partially inspected: on the ground floor, inside
the shop front, to right, a broad chamfered and stopped beam,
with a section of bressumer beam carried on a slender
cast-iron column, and remains of a jetty bracket.
Listing NGR: SO8933032868
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings