History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Former Barn Approximately 22 Metres South West of Old Ferry House

A Grade II Listed Building in Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.1891 / 52°11'20"N

Longitude: -1.7064 / 1°42'23"W

OS Eastings: 420168

OS Northings: 254585

OS Grid: SP201545

Mapcode National: GBR 4LT.MDV

Mapcode Global: VHBY0.C7RM

Entry Name: Former Barn Approximately 22 Metres South West of Old Ferry House

Listing Date: 9 February 1972

Last Amended: 4 April 1994

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1025022

English Heritage Legacy ID: 366415

Location: Stratford-upon-Avon, Stratford-on-Avon, Warwickshire, CV37

County: Warwickshire

District: Stratford-on-Avon

Civil Parish: Stratford-upon-Avon

Traditional County: Warwickshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire

Church of England Parish: Stratford on Avon Holy Trinity

Church of England Diocese: Coventry

Find accommodation in
Stratford-upon-Avon

Listing Text


STRATFORD-UPON-AVON

SP2054NW SOUTHERN LANE
604-1/10/227 (North West side)
09/02/72 Former barn approx. 22m SW of Old
Ferry House
(Formerly Listed as:
SOUTHERN LANE
Barn to the SW of Old Ferry House)

GV II

Barn, now part of the buildings of The Other Place. C16 or
early C17 with later alterations. Timber-frame with brick
infill, some stone to plinth; partly-renewed tile roof. Gable
facing, front to left. 2-storey structure with blocked central
entrance and varied fenestration with C20 leaded casements.
Square framing with tension braces. Returns are faced in
brick: right return has lower gabled addition; left return has
timber lean-to verandah. Earlier in the century it was used by
a tennis club and has recently been taken over by the Royal
Shakespeare Theatre and is still being converted (1991).
(VCH (offprint): Styles P: The Borough of Stratford-upon-Avon
and the Parish of Alveston: London: 1946-: 16).


Listing NGR: SP2016854585

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.