This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.9527 / 54°57'9"N
Longitude: -1.4696 / 1°28'10"W
OS Eastings: 434066
OS Northings: 562134
OS Grid: NZ340621
Mapcode National: GBR LC55.MD
Mapcode Global: WHD4Y.DSF1
Entry Name: Church of Saint Nicholas
Listing Date: 26 February 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1025225
English Heritage Legacy ID: 303709
Location: South Tyneside, NE35
County: South Tyneside
Metropolitan District Ward: Boldon Colliery
Traditional County: Durham
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Tyne and Wear
Church of England Parish: Hedworth
Church of England Diocese: Durham
NZ 36SW BOLDON HEDWORTH LANE
2/50 Church of Saint Nicholas
Parish church. 1882. Ashlar; roof of flat tiles with tile-hung belfry at west
end surmounted by small lead-covered spire. Nave and north aisle of 4 bays,
chancel 2 bays, lady chapel on south side of chancel. Windows and arcades decorated.
East window 5-light stained glass, west window 3-light, all others 2-light plain
leaded glass. Built, some 20 years after the sinking of the shafts at the colliery,
to serve the new community.
Listing NGR: NZ3406662134
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings