This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1699 / 52°10'11"N
Longitude: -1.2049 / 1°12'17"W
OS Eastings: 454472
OS Northings: 252697
OS Grid: SP544526
Mapcode National: GBR 8SZ.VKN
Mapcode Global: VHCVR.2QCG
Entry Name: Tews Farmhouse
Listing Date: 24 February 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1025307
English Heritage Legacy ID: 360625
Location: Woodford cum Membris, Daventry, Northamptonshire, NN11
Civil Parish: Woodford cum Membris
Traditional County: Northamptonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire
Church of England Parish: Woodford Halse St Mary the Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Peterborough
WOODFORD CUM MEMBRIS HIGH STREET
SP5452 (East side)
18/135 Tews Farmhouse
Farmhouse. Late C18 with earlier origins. Coursed dressed ironstone, slate roof,
stone end stacks. Two-unit plan. Two storeys and attic; 3-window range. 6-panel
central door with straight hood of stone on timber brackets. Blocked window
above. 16-pane sash windows to ground floor left and right, 12-pane sashes to
first. 2 roof dormers with flat roofs and 2-light leaded casement windows.
Chamfered plinth, quoins, stone eaves, stone coped gables with kneelers. Single
storey extension to right. Wing to rear possibly older but with C20 glazing.
Dated 1787 on one of right quoins. Interior not inspected.
Listing NGR: SP5447252697
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings