History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Outpatients Building of Victoria Jubilee Infirmary

A Grade II Listed Building in Tynemouth, North Tyneside

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 55.0101 / 55°0'36"N

Longitude: -1.4569 / 1°27'24"W

OS Eastings: 434830

OS Northings: 568525

OS Grid: NZ348685

Mapcode National: GBR LB8H.CT

Mapcode Global: WHD4R.LBFK

Entry Name: Outpatients Building of Victoria Jubilee Infirmary

Listing Date: 9 December 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1025341

English Heritage Legacy ID: 303436

Location: North Tyneside, NE29

County: North Tyneside

Electoral Ward/Division: Preston

Built-Up Area: Tynemouth

Traditional County: Northumberland

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Tyne and Wear

Church of England Parish: North Shields Christ Church

Church of England Diocese: Newcastle

Find accommodation in
Tynemouth

Listing Text

TYNEMOUTH

1022/7/181 HAWKEY'S LANE
09-DEC-87 NORTH SHIELDS
OUTPATIENTS BUILDING OF VICTORIA JUBIL
EE INFIRMARY

II

Hospital outpatient wing. 1932. Designed by Cackett, Burns, Dick & Mackellar, and built by Ball Brothers of North Shields. Brown brick with dressings of red brick and Portland stone. Graduated Lakeland slate roof with copper stack cone. One tall storey, 3 bays and lower set-back flat-roofed right bay with canted ends. Plinth; part-opening casements, with glazing bars and radial heads, in stone jambs and console-keyed archivolts; impost string continued into end bay; brick apron panels between full-length jambs. Square-headed smaller similar window in end bay. Deep, moulded eaves cornice. Hipped roof has central stack with band and cornice, conical swept cap. Coped parapet to right bay. The building is entered through a panelled double door in the left return, in stone architrave.
Included for historical interest.
This building was erected by a bequest of ?15,000 from Mrs Wilson of Easby House, North Shields, and it was opened in September 1932.
Left covered way, small extension and link to main hospital are altered and not of special interest.

Listing NGR: NZ3483068525

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.