This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.9038 / 54°54'13"N
Longitude: -1.5207 / 1°31'14"W
OS Eastings: 430831
OS Northings: 556664
OS Grid: NZ308566
Mapcode National: GBR KCTQ.KY
Mapcode Global: WHC45.M02J
Entry Name: Monument 5 Metres to North of Church of Our Blessed Lady Immaculate
Listing Date: 15 July 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1025385
English Heritage Legacy ID: 303245
Location: Sunderland, NE38
Metropolitan District Ward: Washington Central
Traditional County: Durham
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Tyne and Wear
Church of England Parish: Washington
Church of England Diocese: Durham
NZ 35NW WASHINGTON VILLAGE LANE (South Side)
Monument 5 metres to north of
Church of Our Blessed Lady
Monument to miners killed in an explosion on 2nd March, 1885. Erected by
miners of Usworth colliery. By Emley of Newcastle. White marble plinth, on
2-stepped sandstone base, has free-standing columns with stiff-leaf capitals
at the corners supporting a high pyramid. This has gablets at its base and
ears a cross finial. Low chamfered stone curb surround has original low
iron rail on posts with urn finials.
Listing NGR: NZ3083156664
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings