This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.8402 / 53°50'24"N
Longitude: -0.7538 / 0°45'13"W
OS Eastings: 482099
OS Northings: 438941
OS Grid: SE820389
Mapcode National: GBR RS51.L3
Mapcode Global: WHFCV.DQ9W
Entry Name: Church of All Saints
Listing Date: 16 December 1966
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1025868
English Heritage Legacy ID: 164990
Location: Holme upon Spalding Moor, East Riding of Yorkshire, YO43
County: East Riding of Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Holme upon Spalding Moor
Built-Up Area: Holme-on-Spalding-Moor
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Riding of Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Holme-on-Spalding Moor
Church of England Diocese: York
SE 83 NW HOLME-UPON-SPALDING-MOOR MARKET WEIGHTON ROAD
(south side, off)
3/28 Church of All Saints
Church. C13 nave and aisles, C15 upper section of tower and clerestory,
C18 porch. Restored by Temple Moore 1906-11. Limestone and sandstone
rubble with some ashlar and C18 brick. Pantile and lead roofs. Enclosed
west tower, 4-bay aisled nave with south porch. 2-bay chancel with north
chapel. West front: 3-stage tower with lower stage of rubble, upper stages
of ashlar. Diagonal stepped buttresses. Pointed doorway of 2 moulded
orders with angel head label stops, with 3-light transomed Perpendicular
window with beast head label stops above. String course. Niche with
nodding canopy containing seated kingly figure. String course and 2-light
transomed pointed Perpendicular belfry opening to each face. Pinnacles to
diagonal buttresses. Gargoyles beneath openwork battlements with
8 pinnacles. West end of aisles: lancet to north, 2-light square-headed
Perpendicular window to south. South aisle: porch with round-arched doorway
with keystone and imposts to second bay. 2-light Perpendicular window to
first bay. Perpendicular windows with 3 stepped lights to third and fourth
bays. C18 brick parapet. Clerestory: 2-light square-headed Perpendicular
windows. North aisle of 2 builds. Blocked pointed door with imposts
flanked by paired round-headed windows, the heads cut from single large
blocks, that to right a reused incised block, possibly of C14 date.
Chancel: to south a pointed door with blocked square-headed window to left
and a pair of 2-light, 4-centred windows. To north: 2 square-headed
windows, one of 2 trefoiled lights, the other of 3 trefoiled lights. East
end: 3-light Perpendicular window with lancet to north chapel. Interior:
pointed arcades on slender round piers. Perpendicular nave roof with
bosses. West gallery of 1767. C17 pulpit with sounding board.
Perpendicular screen to north chapel. Painted texts to east wall.
Pevsner N: Yorkshire: York and the East Riding, 1972.
Listing NGR: SE8209538942
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings