This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.9427 / 50°56'33"N
Longitude: -0.6799 / 0°40'47"W
OS Eastings: 492840
OS Northings: 116741
OS Grid: SU928167
Mapcode National: GBR FGW.WF5
Mapcode Global: FRA 96GM.8XL
Entry Name: The Old Rectory
Listing Date: 20 March 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1025973
English Heritage Legacy ID: 301783
Location: Graffham, Chichester, West Sussex, GU28
County: West Sussex
Civil Parish: Graffham
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Sussex
Church of England Parish: Graffham St Giles with Woolavington St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
SU 91 NW GRAFFHAM THE STREET
18/9 The Old Rectory
House. Built in 1805 by the Reverend John Sargent, who was Rector from 1805-1833.
L-shaped building faced with roughcast. Slate roof, north side stone slates.
Glazing bars intact. Segmental bay of two storeys on north side. Two storeys.
Four windows. The Reverend Henry Edward, later Archdeacon (and afterwards Cardinal)
Manning, when Curate of Graffham, lived here from 1831-3 with the Reverend John
Sargent, whose daughter Caroline he married.
Listing NGR: SU9284016741
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings