This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.987 / 50°59'13"N
Longitude: -0.7327 / 0°43'57"W
OS Eastings: 489045
OS Northings: 121610
OS Grid: SU890216
Mapcode National: GBR DF3.1KS
Mapcode Global: FRA 96CH.LCS
Entry Name: The Former Stables of Old Cowdray House
Listing Date: 18 June 1959
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1026037
English Heritage Legacy ID: 301631
Location: Easebourne, Chichester, West Sussex, GU29
County: West Sussex
Civil Parish: Easebourne
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Sussex
Church of England Parish: Easebourne St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
SU 82 SE EASEBOURNE EASEBOURNE LANE
11/60 The former Stables of Old
18.6.59 Cowdray House
Stables, now a farm building. Built by Anthony, Sixth Viscount Montague, in 1726.
Half H-plan, the wings being of unequal length. Stone rubble. Modillion eaves
cornice, hipped tiled roof. The north west wing, originally the coach-house has
two round-headed archway with keystones and two tall sash windows with glazing bars.
Listing NGR: SU8904521610
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings