History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Itchenor Park Farm Cottages and the Farm Buildings Adjoining

A Grade II* Listed Building in West Itchenor, West Sussex

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 50.8015 / 50°48'5"N

Longitude: -0.87 / 0°52'12"W

OS Eastings: 479723

OS Northings: 100818

OS Grid: SU797008

Mapcode National: GBR CFQ.NVT

Mapcode Global: FRA 962Z.6VV

Entry Name: Itchenor Park Farm Cottages and the Farm Buildings Adjoining

Listing Date: 5 June 1958

Last Amended: 28 January 1986

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1026103

English Heritage Legacy ID: 301492

Location: West Itchenor, Chichester, West Sussex, PO20

County: West Sussex

District: Chichester

Civil Parish: West Itchenor

Traditional County: Sussex

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Sussex

Church of England Parish: Birdham St James with West Itchenor

Church of England Diocese: Chichester

Find accommodation in
Itchenor

Listing Text

SU 70 SE
15/675

WEST ITCHENOR,
ITCHENOR ROAD
Itchenor Park Farm Cottages and the farm buildings adjoining

(Formerly listed as the stables to Itchenor House)

5.6.58

II*

This building forms a courtyard which is not quite enclosed. It was a very fine building but it has been much mutilated by the addition of unsightly farm buildings. It was built by the third Duke of Richmond and was possibly designed by James Wyatt. The south side forms the farm cottages and is dated 1782. Two storeys. Eight windows. Red brick and grey headers. Modillion eaves cornice. Hipped slate roof. Casement windows. Stone cartouche with the Richmond arms. The east, west and north sides are also of red brick and grey headers with slate roof. Modillion eaves cornice and slate roofs. They were originally stables, coach-house and riding school and now farm buildings. 1783. Each has a central projection with pediment over. The east and west sides have five round-headed arcades with the three centre ones projecting slightly. The north one has only a deep central projection. The north, east and west sides are joined by continuing flanking walls with eaves cornice and pediments. The courtyard has now been filled in with roofed modern farm buildings.


Listing NGR: SU7972300818

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.