This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.8747 / 50°52'28"N
Longitude: -0.7481 / 0°44'53"W
OS Eastings: 488175
OS Northings: 109096
OS Grid: SU881090
Mapcode National: GBR DGF.3N7
Mapcode Global: FRA 96BS.DCV
Entry Name: Goodwood Golf Clubhouse and kennels Cottage
Listing Date: 5 June 1958
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1026301
English Heritage Legacy ID: 300955
Location: Lavant, Chichester, West Sussex, PO18
County: West Sussex
Civil Parish: Lavant
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Sussex
Church of England Parish: Lavant St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
SU 80 NE
Goodwood Golf Clubhouse and Kennels Cottage
Built as the Kennels of Goodwood Park in 1787 and designed by James Wyatt.
The main front faces the park to the south east. Two storeys. Eleven windows.
Faced with square knapped flints with white brick dressings. Slate roof. The
centre portion of three windows projects slightly, is faced with white brick
and has a modillion cornice, low parapet, hipped roof, and a large round-headed
archway with pediment over which cuts into the centre first floor window above.
The windows on each side of the arch are square-headed. All the other windows
on ground floor are high round-headed sash windows in yellow brick arcading.
The first floor windows are wider than they are high. Glazing bars intact.
The end window-bays project with a pediment over each. On the north west side
there are two L-shaped projections. The south one is only of one storey and
one window. But the north one (Kennels Cottage) is a long wing of two storeys
and six windows. The building has the date 1787 and the Richmond Arms in stone
Listing NGR: SU8817509096
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings