This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.8721 / 50°52'19"N
Longitude: -0.7105 / 0°42'37"W
OS Eastings: 490827
OS Northings: 108856
OS Grid: SU908088
Mapcode National: GBR DGH.75S
Mapcode Global: FRA 96DS.P0X
Entry Name: The Ruins of the Old Halnaker House
Listing Date: 5 June 1958
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1026405
English Heritage Legacy ID: 300701
Location: Boxgrove, Chichester, West Sussex, PO18
County: West Sussex
Civil Parish: Boxgrove
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Sussex
Church of England Parish: Boxgrove
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
BOXGROVE PETWORTH ROAD, (north west side)
SU 90 NW HALNAKER
14/56 The ruins of the Old
5.6.58 Halnaker House
The de Haye family built a big mansion here in the C13, which was altered in
the C16 and fell into ruins about 1800. What remains are the Lavant stone gateway in the centre of the south front with square towers, and parts of the C13 chapel
and C14 hall in flints.
Listing NGR: SU9081008854
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings