This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.9272 / 50°55'37"N
Longitude: -0.8947 / 0°53'40"W
OS Eastings: 477778
OS Northings: 114770
OS Grid: SU777147
Mapcode National: GBR CD4.W1D
Mapcode Global: FRA 960N.H7W
Entry Name: The Parish Church of St Mary
Listing Date: 5 June 1958
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1026421
English Heritage Legacy ID: 300742
Location: Compton, Chichester, West Sussex, PO18
County: West Sussex
Civil Parish: Compton
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Sussex
Church of England Parish: Octagon
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
COMPTON COMPTON VILLAGE
36/257 The Parish Church of
C13, very much restored in 1849. Flint with stone dressings. Tiled roof.
Chancel and nave with south aisle, north porch and western bell-turret,
weather-boarding with broached shingled spire. Blocked round-headed north
arcade with the remains of one good waterleaf capital of late C12 date. C13
Listing NGR: SU7777814770
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings