This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.9431 / 50°56'35"N
Longitude: -0.6411 / 0°38'27"W
OS Eastings: 495567
OS Northings: 116843
OS Grid: SU955168
Mapcode National: GBR FGY.SW6
Mapcode Global: FRA 96KM.035
Entry Name: The East Lodges and Gateway of Lavington Park Situated to South West of Gate Piers and Flanling Walls
Listing Date: 22 February 1955
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1026514
English Heritage Legacy ID: 300448
Location: Duncton, Chichester, West Sussex, GU28
County: West Sussex
Civil Parish: Duncton
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Sussex
Church of England Parish: Duncton Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
SU 91 NE DUNCTON LAVINGTON PARK
13/121 The East Lodges & Gate-
way of Lavington Park.
Situated to south-west
of gate piers and flank-
Gateway, Lodges. Designed by Detmar Blow for Lord Woolavington in 1903 but in C18
style. One storey. Faced with Roman cement. Rusticated pilasters at their angles.
Eaves cornice. Hipped slate roofs. Windows in moulded architraves surrounds with
glazing bars intact. In the centre of the north-east front of each are two free-
standing fluted Ionic columns supporting a curved pediment with a cartouche. On the
inner side of each Lodge facing the drive is a wide portico of four similar columns
with a triangular pediment. The north-east sides have three windows each the south-
west sides two oval and one rectangular window each. Between the Lodges is a curved
iron railing with tall carriage gates with crested overthrow. Further iron railing
on the outer side of each Lodge.
Listing NGR: SU9556716843
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings