This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.8356 / 50°50'8"N
Longitude: -0.7792 / 0°46'45"W
OS Eastings: 486060
OS Northings: 104721
OS Grid: SU860047
Mapcode National: GBR DGS.FV1
Mapcode Global: FRA 968W.L7S
Entry Name: The White House
Listing Date: 5 July 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1026618
English Heritage Legacy ID: 300196
Location: Chichester, Chichester, West Sussex, PO19
County: West Sussex
Civil Parish: Chichester
Built-Up Area: Chichester
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Sussex
Church of England Parish: Chichester St Paul
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
No 61 (The White Horse)
SU 8604 NW 4/80 5.7.50.
C18 with medieval timber-framed wing. 2 storeys and attic. Steeply
pitched tiled gabled roof. 3 flat roofed dormers. Red brick front.
Above 1st floor windows narrow brick stringcourse, brick paterae and finally
red brick dentilled cornice below eaves. 4 window bays. Sash windows in
reveals in flat arches with rubbed brick voussoirs; glazing bars intact.
Public house front on ground floor. Large round-headed doorway with heavy
pediment and massive consoles. Modern door with stained glass head to it.
Projecting iron arm over the street for the sign with a bunch of grapes
dangling from it. The back part in West Pallant consists of a range of
cottages with plaster front and 1st floor overhanging.
Listing NGR: SU8606804720
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings