This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.8648 / 50°51'53"N
Longitude: -0.4138 / 0°24'49"W
OS Eastings: 511720
OS Northings: 108456
OS Grid: TQ117084
Mapcode National: GBR GKJ.Q64
Mapcode Global: FRA B60T.BL7
Entry Name: Findon Place
Listing Date: 12 October 1954
Last Amended: 20 September 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1027620
English Heritage Legacy ID: 297894
Location: Findon, Arun, West Sussex, BN14
County: West Sussex
Civil Parish: Findon
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Sussex
Church of England Parish: Findon, Clapham and Patching
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
TQ 10 NW FINDON FINDON ROAD
Findon Place (formerly
listed as Finden Place)
Mid C18 mansion built by John Cheale, Norroy King at Arms. Two storeys. Five
windows. White brick. Stringcourse, cornice and parapet. Hipped slate roof.
Windows with Venetian shutters and glazing bars intact.The three centre window-bays
project slightly with a pediment over. Round-headed window in centre of first floor,
of which the head breaks the line of the cornice. Cartouche above this in the
tympanum of the pediment. Stuccoed porch with twin pilaster and projecting cornice.
Doorway with rectangular fanlight and double doors of six fielded panels.
Contemporary recessed wing to west with one large round-headed window on ground floor
and two bulls-eye windows above. Wing of three storeys added to the south east in the
early C19 by Mary widow of William Richardson.
Listing NGR: TQ1172008456
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings