This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.8176 / 50°49'3"N
Longitude: 0.328 / 0°19'40"E
OS Eastings: 564085
OS Northings: 104585
OS Grid: TQ640045
Mapcode National: GBR NW1.RQD
Mapcode Global: FRA C6KY.5KP
Entry Name: The Dial House
Listing Date: 13 October 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1028496
English Heritage Legacy ID: 295769
Location: Westham, Wealden, East Sussex, BN24
County: East Sussex
Civil Parish: Westham
Built-Up Area: Westham
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Sussex
Church of England Parish: Westham St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
WESTHAM HIGH STREET
TQ 6404 38/242 (The Dial House)
Good example of a restored C15 timber-framed house, the first floor above
a moulded bressummer close-studded with curved braces arranged in pairs ornamentally
and with cement infilling, the ground floor underbuilt and refaced with cement.
Hipped tiled roof. Modern casement windows except one original oriel windows
on the first floor consisting of 2 tiers of 5 lights with wooden mullions
and transom, old green glass and cove beneath. Two storeys, 3 windows.
The front has a stone in it with the date 1662 and the initials H.W.M, on
it. This was found elsewhere in the mid C19 by the then owner of the house
the Reverend Richard King, Curate of Pevensey, and incorporated in this building.
The east wall is tile-hung, the west wall of red brick and grey headers in
alternate courses. To the west of the house are 3 gate-piers of red brick
and flints surmounted by lions sejant holding shields.
Listing NGR: TQ6408204581
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings