This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.2928 / 51°17'34"N
Longitude: -0.3279 / 0°19'40"W
OS Eastings: 516688
OS Northings: 156179
OS Grid: TQ166561
Mapcode National: GBR 7J.610
Mapcode Global: VHGRV.8RJT
Entry Name: Moss Cottage
Listing Date: 7 September 1951
Last Amended: 24 August 1990
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1028618
English Heritage Legacy ID: 290521
Location: Mole Valley, Surrey, KT22
District: Mole Valley
Town: Mole Valley
District Council Ward: Leatherhead South
Built-Up Area: Leatherhead
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Leatherhead
Church of England Diocese: Guildford
LEATHERHEAD CHURCH STREET
TQ 1656 SE (east side)
7.9.51 No. 55 (Moss Cottage)
(formerly listed as No.35)
Formerly known as Moss Cottage. House, or wing of former house, now garage.
Late medieval; much altered. Timber frame with rendered cladding painted white,
red tile roof. Rectangular 2-unit plan, gable to road (the right-hand return wall
facing Church Road). Two low storeys, with remains of a plinth; the gabled
facade has inserted garage doors at ground floor, a very small horizontal-sliding
window sash above, and a steeply-pitched roof. (Modern additions to the left are
not included in the item.) The right-hand return wall has been altered at ground
floor by the insertion of 2 large shop windows (replacing a central doorway and
2 small segmental-headed windows), but at 1st floor it retains 2 small 2-fight
horizontal-sliding sashes and an 8-pane fixed window. The rear gable wall is tile-
hung above ground floor and has a small casement with a triangular head.
Interior: timber framing visible includes short posts and studs, mid-rail, wallplate,
and the upper half of a lateral partition with angle-braces; otherwise altered,
and the upper floor removed from the front bay.
Listing NGR: TQ1668856179
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings