This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.2928 / 51°17'34"N
Longitude: -0.3279 / 0°19'40"W
OS Eastings: 516688
OS Northings: 156179
OS Grid: TQ166561
Mapcode National: GBR 7J.610
Mapcode Global: VHGRV.8RJT
Entry Name: Moss Cottage
Listing Date: 7 September 1951
Last Amended: 24 August 1990
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1028618
English Heritage Legacy ID: 290521
Location: Mole Valley, Surrey, KT22
District: Mole Valley
Town: Mole Valley
Electoral Ward/Division: Leatherhead South
Parish: Non Civil Parish
Built-Up Area: Leatherhead
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Leatherhead
Church of England Diocese: Guildford
TQ 1656 SE
No. 55 (Moss Cottage)
(formerly listed as No.35)
Formerly known as Moss Cottage. House, or wing of former house, now garage.
Late medieval; much altered. Timber frame with rendered cladding painted white,
red tile roof. Rectangular 2-unit plan, gable to road (the right-hand return wall
facing Church Road). Two low storeys, with remains of a plinth; the gabled
facade has inserted garage doors at ground floor, a very small horizontal-sliding
window sash above, and a steeply-pitched roof. (Modern additions to the left are
not included in the item.) The right-hand return wall has been altered at ground
floor by the insertion of 2 large shop windows (replacing a central doorway and
2 small segmental-headed windows), but at 1st floor it retains 2 small 2-fight
horizontal-sliding sashes and an 8-pane fixed window. The rear gable wall is tile-
hung above ground floor and has a small casement with a triangular head.
Interior: timber framing visible includes short posts and studs, mid-rail, wallplate,
and the upper half of a lateral partition with angle-braces; otherwise altered,
and the upper floor removed from the front bay.
Listing NGR: TQ1668856169
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings