History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

10 and 12, High Street

A Grade II Listed Building in Mole Valley, Surrey

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.2952 / 51°17'42"N

Longitude: -0.3286 / 0°19'43"W

OS Eastings: 516629

OS Northings: 156444

OS Grid: TQ166564

Mapcode National: GBR 6P.CTD

Mapcode Global: VHGRV.8P3Z

Entry Name: 10 and 12, High Street

Listing Date: 7 September 1951

Last Amended: 24 August 1990

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1028625

English Heritage Legacy ID: 290541

Location: Mole Valley, Surrey, KT22

County: Surrey

District: Mole Valley

Town: Mole Valley

Electoral Ward/Division: Leatherhead South

Built-Up Area: Leatherhead

Traditional County: Surrey

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey

Church of England Parish: Leatherhead

Church of England Diocese: Guildford

Find accommodation in
Leatherhead

Listing Text

LEATHERHEAD HIGH STREET
TQ 1656 SE (south side)
12/144

7.9.51 Nos.1O and 12
(formerly listed as No.8, No. 10)

GV II

Pair of houses, or shops with dwellings over, now 2 shops with offices over.
Early C19; altered. White-painted brick, slate roof. Rectangular double-depth plan
(plus some recent additions to the rear which are not of special interest). Three
storeys and 4 bays; the ground floor is now occupied by modern shop fronts, but
these both have simple pilasters with fluted entablatures, and deep fascia boards;
the 1st and 2nd floors have 12- and 9-pane sashed windows with reeded
architraves, those at 1st floor with cornices. Hipped roof with projecting eaves.
The left return wall has 2 windows on each upper floor like those at the front,
but is otherwise covered by a modern link. The rear has some segmental-headed
sashed windows. Interior entirely remodelled. History: said to have been used as
a "school for young ladies" before 1885; and subsequently as a drapery store.


Listing NGR: TQ1662956444

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.