History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The White House

A Grade II Listed Building in Mole Valley, Surrey

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.2931 / 51°17'35"N

Longitude: -0.326 / 0°19'33"W

OS Eastings: 516818

OS Northings: 156220

OS Grid: TQ168562

Mapcode National: GBR 7J.6J8

Mapcode Global: VHGRV.9RJK

Entry Name: The White House

Listing Date: 7 September 1951

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1028650

English Heritage Legacy ID: 290514

Location: Mole Valley, Surrey, KT22

County: Surrey

District: Mole Valley

Town: Mole Valley

Electoral Ward/Division: Leatherhead South

Built-Up Area: Leatherhead

Traditional County: Surrey

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey

Church of England Parish: Leatherhead

Church of England Diocese: Guildford

Find accommodation in
Leatherhead

Listing Text

LEATHERHEAD CHURCH ROAD
TQ 1656 SE (south side)
12/120

7.9.51
No. 18 (The White House)

GV II

House and shop, now office. Earlier C18 with early C19 addition; altered. White-
painted weatherboard, red tile roof. Linear plan in 2 parts on north-south axis,
with various rear extensions, on a small triangular island site: the earlier
element rectangular with a continuous rear outshut, the later (a dwelling)
trapezoidal and double-depth. Two storeys, 1+2 first floor windows; the added
dwelling has a plain doorway under a cornice on consoles, one sashed window
with margin panes on each floor to the right, and a chimney at the junction of
the roofs; and the gable wall, which is canted back, has similar fenestration. The
main range has four 12-pane sashes at ground floor, 2 small 2-light casements
above, and a steeply-pitched roof with a half-hip; its north gable wall has a
former shop window consisting of tripartite 8-pane sashes under a blank fascia
set in a large square moulded surround with reeded pilasters and a very
prominent moulded cornice on consoles, and a small casement under the hip.
Interior not inspected. Formerly a grocer's shop known as "Jenden's Corner".


Listing NGR: TQ1681856220

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.