History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Granary with Attached Chimney Stack

A Grade II Listed Building in Mole Valley, Surrey

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.2825 / 51°16'56"N

Longitude: -0.3778 / 0°22'39"W

OS Eastings: 513235

OS Northings: 154951

OS Grid: TQ132549

Mapcode National: GBR HFW.FBP

Mapcode Global: VHFVK.D1N6

Entry Name: The Granary with Attached Chimney Stack

Listing Date: 24 August 1990

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1028667

English Heritage Legacy ID: 290454

Location: Mole Valley, Surrey, KT23

County: Surrey

District: Mole Valley

Town: Mole Valley

Electoral Wards/Divisions: Bookham North

Built-Up Area: Leatherhead

Traditional County: Surrey

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey

Church of England Parish: Great Bookham

Church of England Diocese: Guildford

Find accommodation in
Bookham

Listing Text

GREAT BOOKHAM CHURCH ROAD
TQ 1354 NW (east side)
13/65
The Granary with attached chimney stack

GV II

Steam-powered corn mill, now flats, with attached chimney. Probably c.1830;
altered. White-painted brick, slate roof. Rectangular plan with wide lean-to at
each end, and chimney stack to the rear of that on the left. Three-and-a-half
storeys and 3 bays; 3 tall segmental-headed windows on each floor (now
casements with horizontal glazing bars), and in the left gable a wide square-
headed attic window; the lean-to at each end covers 2 storeys; that to the left,
formerly the engine house, is now a garage with inserted garage doors and a
domestic door; that to the right, formerly the office, has a segmental-headed
doorway and 2 segmental-headed windows. Interior altered, but retains large oak
ceiling beams. The chimney stack attached to the left rear corner of the former
engine house, is square in section, slightly tapered, with a cornice and a moulded
band below this. The item forms a group with the associated Mill House approx.
10 metres to the north (q.v).


Listing NGR: TQ1323554951

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.