History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Jayes Park

A Grade II Listed Building in Ockley, Surrey

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.1556 / 51°9'20"N

Longitude: -0.3665 / 0°21'59"W

OS Eastings: 514331

OS Northings: 140861

OS Grid: TQ143408

Mapcode National: GBR HHF.J4X

Mapcode Global: VHFW4.L6LY

Entry Name: Jayes Park

Listing Date: 13 March 1973

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1028699

English Heritage Legacy ID: 290328

Location: Ockley, Mole Valley, Surrey, RH5

County: Surrey

District: Mole Valley

Civil Parish: Ockley

Traditional County: Surrey

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey

Church of England Parish: Coldharbour

Church of England Diocese: Guildford

Find accommodation in
Ockley

Listing Text

OCKLEY C.P. SHEEP GREEN
TQ 14SW
7/211 Jayes Park
13/3/73
II

Country house. C17 to rear with C18 extensions to right, C19 to east and front
range (south east) of 1913 in Early C19 style. White brick on front range, red
brick with grey headers on rear. Tiled roofs to rear, slate roofs to front.
Entrance front: Two storeys with stone string-courses over ground and first
floors, three stage tower to left with stone parapet and stack to rear. Further
stacks to right end and rear. Tower with roundel windows on lower stage, further
roundels to upper stage over glazing-bar sash windows in central stage. Six
glazing-bar sash windows, glazing bars intact,with continuous wooden ornamental
cornices and 'Venetian' shutters to first floor; taller windows below. Pedi-
mented one window break to left of centre with stone Ionic portico on paired
columns, across the ground floor. Glazed doors behind. Dated on the west-south-
west wall 1913 with the initials H.C.L.S and A.L.S. Rear - parallel ranges with
courtyard between. Irregular square-pane, leaded casement fenestration, two
windows on each floor of each wing. Taller additions with C19 range to east with
curved front under balustrade and three windows. The principal house of Ockley
Parish and built, and still owned, by the Lea-steere family.

PEVSNER: BUILDINGS OF ENGLAND, SURREY (1971) p.395.


Listing NGR: TQ1433140861

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.