History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Stane House the Old Rectory

A Grade II Listed Building in Ockley, Surrey

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.142 / 51°8'31"N

Longitude: -0.365 / 0°21'54"W

OS Eastings: 514471

OS Northings: 139355

OS Grid: TQ144393

Mapcode National: GBR HHM.BJ4

Mapcode Global: VHFW4.MKDC

Entry Name: Stane House the Old Rectory

Listing Date: 11 November 1966

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1028700

English Heritage Legacy ID: 290330

Location: Ockley, Mole Valley, Surrey, RH5

County: Surrey

District: Mole Valley

Civil Parish: Ockley

Traditional County: Surrey

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey

Church of England Parish: Ockley, Okewood and Forest Green

Church of England Diocese: Guildford

Find accommodation in
Ockley

Listing Text

OCKLEY C.P. STANE STREET
TQ 13NW
(East Side)
10/213 Stane House
11/11/66 (The Old Rectory)
GV
II

House. 1784 for the Rev'd Thomas Woodruffe. Red brick with hipped plain tiled
roof, hipped slate roof over rear range. Two storeys and attics over plinth
with end stacks. Old main front at right angles to street. Three bay elevation
with modillioned eaves cornice. Three six-pane sashes in attic storey, three
12-pane glazing-bar sashes under gauged brick heads to first floor; two windows
on ground floor. Central, rendered, flat-roofed portico with double-doors,
glazed, under fanlight and in fluted paterae surround. Glazed inner doors.
Right hand return front:- Irregular C19 fenestration with ground floor bow
window with receded mullions, over basement storey. Two storey service range to
right, with tall stacks and hip-roofed pergola attached to front. New entrance
front:- new doorcase, c.1927, to double doors under fanlight and open pediment
on scroll brackets and in fluted surrounds. Tile hung first floor on service
wing set back to left.


Listing NGR: TQ1447139355

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.