This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.1431 / 51°8'35"N
Longitude: -0.3655 / 0°21'55"W
OS Eastings: 514436
OS Northings: 139474
OS Grid: TQ144394
Mapcode National: GBR HHM.BDG
Mapcode Global: VHFW4.MJ4K
Entry Name: The Old School Public House
Listing Date: 11 November 1966
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1028711
English Heritage Legacy ID: 290363
Location: Ockley, Mole Valley, Surrey, RH5
District: Mole Valley
Civil Parish: Ockley
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Ockley, Okewood and Forest Green
Church of England Diocese: Guildford
OCKLEY C.P. STANE STREET
10/246 The Old School
11/11/66 Public House
Public House. Early C17, probably with earlier core. Extended to ends and rear
in C19 and C20. Timber framed, clad in whitewashed render with C20 plain tiled
roofs, hipped to left. Original house T-plan, or with 2 gable end cross wings
to centre/right. Two storeys with attics in gable ends, one casement to each.
Patterned bargeboards to each gable. Rebuilt stack to right of centre, further
stacks to left end and rear. One casement on first floor of each gable, ground
floor windows below. Two first floor casements to centre range, one window on
ground floor to right of centre. Tripartite glazing-bar sash window on first
floor of left hand extension, one casement window below. Gabled porch to left
with patterned bargeboards, pentice roofed porch to right of centre in angle with
left hand gabled cross wing. Further door to right in cross wing. Tile hung and
brick extensions at right angles to rear left.
Listing NGR: TQ1443639474
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings