This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.1315 / 51°7'53"N
Longitude: -0.4022 / 0°24'7"W
OS Eastings: 511897
OS Northings: 138126
OS Grid: TQ118381
Mapcode National: GBR HHL.TCK
Mapcode Global: VHFW3.ZT7G
Entry Name: The Scarlett Arms Public House
Listing Date: 11 March 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1028831
English Heritage Legacy ID: 290053
Location: Abinger, Mole Valley, Surrey, RH5
District: Mole Valley
Civil Parish: Abinger
Built-Up Area: Walliswood
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Ockley, Okewood and Forest Green
Church of England Diocese: Guildford
ABINGER C.P. WALLISWOOD GREEN ROAD
TQ 13NW Walliswood
8/84 The Scarlett Arms
Public House. C17 with C19 cladding and extensions to rear. Timber framed, clad
in whitewashed brick with half-hipped plain tiled roof, oversailing gable to left.
Two storeys with large multiple stack to right of centre under corbelled top; C19
square stacks on left hand wing. Three C19 casement windows, two 3-light to the
first floor, three cambered head C19 windows below. Part-glazed door to lobby
entry to right of centre, half-glazed panelled door to left in gabled C19 open
porch with ridge cresting and pendant finial to gable. Turned baluster railings
to sides. Single storey extension to left. Named after Sir James Scarlett, First
Lord Abinger, Attorney General and Lord Chief Baron of the Exchequer who purchased
the Estate of Abinger Hall in 1873.
Listing NGR: TQ1189738126
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings