History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Pinfold

A Grade II Listed Building in Reigate and Banstead, Surrey

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.2807 / 51°16'50"N

Longitude: -0.2435 / 0°14'36"W

OS Eastings: 522600

OS Northings: 154972

OS Grid: TQ226549

Mapcode National: GBR JHC.R6X

Mapcode Global: VHGS2.Q2MJ

Entry Name: Pinfold

Listing Date: 4 January 1990

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1029018

English Heritage Legacy ID: 289594

Location: Reigate and Banstead, Surrey, KT20

County: Surrey

District: Reigate and Banstead

Town: Reigate and Banstead

District Council Ward: Tadworth and Walton

Traditional County: Surrey

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey

Church of England Parish: Walton-on-the-Hill

Church of England Diocese: Guildford

Find accommodation in
Lower Kingswood

Listing Text

The following building shall be included in the list:

TQ 25 SW WALTON ON THE HILL NURSERY ROAD
6/107
"Pinfold"

II

House 1912. Designed by P Morley Horder for David Lloyd
George. Silver-grey brick with red brick dressings. Roof
of clay tiles. The entrance front faces north with service
wing running off; this was extended northwards and eastwards
slightly, apparently soon after 1912. Entrance framed by
residual pilasters in red brick and flanked by sash windows
under shallow curved brick heads, characteristic of this
front; staircase expressed as a block in the angle of en-
trance and service wings; broad tile-hung gable punctuated
by one small window. South or garden front: the roof sweeps
down to a loggia with two tile-hung gables above; the roof
is supported on columns of brick, square in plan, with tiles
inset at the top; to the east a gabled bay facer in silver
grey and red brick with two large windows, casements with
side sashes. The east front has a gabled wing at the south
end with a handsome canted expressed chimney stack, and a
free disposition of windows on the rest of the elevation;
the single storey part at the north end is a part of the
post 1912 addition. Neither the planning nor the decoration
of the interior are of exceptional interest but good fire-
places survive in the study, dining room and westernmost bed-
room upstairs.


Listing NGR: TQ2260054972

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.