This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.2258 / 51°13'32"N
Longitude: -0.5817 / 0°34'53"W
OS Eastings: 499137
OS Northings: 148353
OS Grid: SU991483
Mapcode National: GBR FCQ.3RJ
Mapcode Global: VHFVM.VGV5
Entry Name: St Catherines Barn Approximately 15 Metres to South South East of Picards Manor
Listing Date: 1 May 1953
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1029228
English Heritage Legacy ID: 289094
Location: Guildford, Surrey, GU2
District Council Ward: Friary and St Nicolas
Built-Up Area: Guildford
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Guildford St Nicolas
Church of England Diocese: Guildford
GUILDFORD SANDY LANE
3/227 Barn approx 15 metres
1/5/53 to South-Southeast of
Barn and stable, now part library. Late C18 and C19. Sandstone blocks with brick
dressings; plain tiled half-hipped roof. Two loft doors to first floor and two
cambered head leaded windows below with further door. Additional door in left
hand return front.
Interior:- One end has been converted into a library, the remainder survives as
a barn with an unusual roof construction. Queen posts rising to collar tie with
struts from the posts into the walls.
Included for group value.
Listing NGR: SU9913748353
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings