This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.233 / 51°13'58"N
Longitude: -0.573 / 0°34'22"W
OS Eastings: 499724
OS Northings: 149169
OS Grid: SU997491
Mapcode National: GBR FCJ.RXS
Mapcode Global: VHFVN.08XM
Entry Name: 44, Quarry Street
Listing Date: 1 May 1953
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1029252
English Heritage Legacy ID: 289056
Location: Guildford, Surrey, GU1
Electoral Ward/Division: Holy Trinity
Built-Up Area: Guildford
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Guildford Holy Trinity and St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Guildford
GUILDFORD QUARRY STREET
SU 99 49SE
8/191 No. 44
House, now offices. Circa 1800 altered in the C20. Red-brown brick on rendered
plinth which becomes taller to right as ground drops away. Slate roof with deep
eaves. Two storeys and attics over basement with end stacks to rear. Four bay
front with irregular fenestration, four glazing-bar casement windows in attic
storey under gauged-brick heads, three tripartite glazing-bar sash windows to
first floor, the centre 12-lights flanked by 4 pane side lights. Two plate glass
C19 sash windows on the ground floor right, tripartite sash window to left with
4-centre arched upper lights. Double doors, each of 3 fielded panels, to centre
in renewed stone surround with intersecting tracery in overlight. Right hand
return front - tile hung gable end with two colour bands of diamond point patterning.
Interior:- C19 staircase with scroll-ended newel. Dentilled eaves cornice in ground
floor room to right.
Listing NGR: SU9972449171
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings